I’m Tania Rascia, a web developer, technical writer, and former chef from Chicago. I currently work as a front end software engineer for a startup, and I've written for many developer publications.
I aim to create a beautiful corner of the web free of ads, sponsored posts, newsletter pop-ups, affiliate links, and the rest of the annoying noise we're so accustomed to seeing on the internet these days.
I send out a message whenever I write something new. Sign up for the newsletter to get notified.
A non-exhaustive list.
- Vanya Sergeev – a brilliant programmer who is very important to me
- Teodor Nikolaev – a talented designer, developer, artist, photographer, and Bulgarian
- Craig Lam – one of the funniest people I’ve ever met and the mastermind behind Scripto
- Ben Schroeder – a dear friend of mine who is knowledgeable, hilarious, and eloquent
- Dave Bock – an excellent designer and insightful friend
- Joe Carlyon – the automation expert and an awesome guy who makes great beer
- TakeNote – A web-based note-taking app with GitHub sync and Markdown support
- New Moon – the optimized dark theme for web development. Your new favorite theme
- Laconia – a modern PHP MVC framework written without libraries or frameworks
- Primitive – a minimalist front-end design toolkit built with Sass
- Webpack Boilerplate – a sensible Webpack 4 boilerplate with with Babel, Sass, ESLint, HMR, and prod/dev optimization
- tania.dev – personal theme for Gatsby (the source of this website)
Articles I've written for developer publications.
Sometimes I sing and play accordion/piano. I like to record music in my spare time. Here are some.
- I’d Like to Walk Around In Your Mind
- Such Great Heights (duet)
- Night Nurse (duet)
- El Pasadiscos
- Mad World
- You And I
- Just Like Heaven
- The Winner Takes It All
- Wicked Game
- Something Wild
- Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Rainy Monday
A few sites I designed.
- Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! - 2017
- Shaw's Crab House - 2017
- Tokio Asian Fusion - 2017
- Stripburger - 2017
- Beatrix Market - 2017
- Krispy Kreme PNW - 2016
- Il Porcellino - 2016
- Reel Club - 2016
- Computer: MacBook Pro 2015
- Hosting: Netlify (blog), Heroku (API)
- Editor: Visual Studio Code
- Static Site Generator: Gatsby
- Syntax Highlighting: PrismJS
- Code Theme: New Moon
- Newsletter: Substack
- Notes: SimpleNote
- Won 3rd place for Personal Developer Blog of the Year 2019